The Daniel Hanley Center for Health Leadership is looking for a full-time Facilitation and Training Professional to join its growing staff in Portland, Maine.
This new position will allow the Hanley Center’s to expand its existing Facilitation and Training staff to meet an increasing demand for services throughout northern New England.
Position Description: Facilitation & Training Professional
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Overview: Facilitation & Training Professional is a full time position, reporting to the Associate Executive Director, responsible for provision of facilitation, professional development training programs in Hanley programs and other activities, and participating in evaluation of existing and potential programs.
- Physician Executive Leadership Institute Foundational Program On-Site Facilitation/Training – Serve as a site facilitator/trainer, including planning and preparation, on-site facilitation/training, debriefs, executive coaching during the on-site day, project oversight with on-site physician leader, and follow up.
- Training of other PELI Foundational Program On-Site Facilitators- Advise and support for other designated Site Facilitators as they work with their respective sites.
- Design, revise, update curriculum, and participate in evaluation of PELI Program Foundational Curricula, along with other internal and external trainers, to ensure that course content continues to supports overall learning objectives, in conjunction with the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director and other identified stakeholders.
- Serve as a facilitation resource for Hanley Stakeholder Engagement activities as needed.
- Plan, design, and develop new programs and curriculum, including the use of online and blended learning modalities, to meet emerging health leadership needs, in conjunction with the Executive Director, Associate Executive Director, and other internal and external trainers.
- Design, develop curricula, and provide professional development skills training as needed for various Hanley programs.
- Provide executive leadership coaching as a part of Hanley leadership programs and as requested for individual health and healthcare leaders
- Provide consulting services as requested for healthcare organizations and providers.
- Advanced degree in organizational development, human relations, organizational psychology, professional development education/training, business, instructional design, or related field
- At least five years of experience in facilitation and curriculum development of professional development programming, including the use of instructional design principles, required;
- Experience in online and/or blended learning strongly preferred;
- Experience with physicians and other health care providers and business strongly preferred
- Proficient spoken and written English, outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Highly adaptable and flexible
- Punctual, meticulous, and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster productive, effective professional relationships
- Certified or willing to become certified to deliver Myers Briggs Type Instrument required, proficiency & certification as appropriate in delivery of other personality/type/ assessment tools
- Experience in executive coaching required; Certification in executive coaching preferred
- Strong Professional references (at least two)
Position is full-time. Overnight travel is required up to 5 times monthly. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and periodic weekends is required.
For more information about the Hanley Center, visit www.healthleadershipmaine.org.
Letters of interest accompanied by CVs should be received by July 2, 2015.
These materials should be sent to the Center’s Associate Executive Director, Kathy Vezina, at firstname.lastname@example.org.