DEADLINE FOR 2019 HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO 02/11/2019
Who may apply?
The Hanley Undergraduate Healthcare Leadership Internship (UHLI) Program is open to students attending or recently graduated from colleges & universities in or outside of Maine. **Preference will be given to Maine residents.
Instructions & Checklist:
- Complete the Application Form (below). A list of available internship sites is posted on the Hanley Center website (www.hanleyleadership.org). Read the description of the work involved and the skills needed for each position that interests you. Select up to three internship sites and list them in your order of priority on the Application Form. Additional positions may become available at a later date. Please indicate in the checkbox provided if you would like to be considered for additional opportunities.
- Write a brief (300 words or less) description of your professional goals and how a Hanley Center internship will help you achieve those goals. Some, though not all, of the placements will serve underprivileged and underserved Maine citizens and populations. Your essay should also describe how your background, experience, and interests have prepared you to contribute to this very important and necessary work across our vast state. Save it as "Lastname,Firstname_Essay" in a PDF to upload below.
- Ask a professor, employer or volunteer supervisor to write a letter of recommendation. Ask your reference to complete the recommendation form.
- Prepare a brief and separate cover letter for each site of interest for your application. Upload them as PDFs below.
- Obtain a copy of your transcript (it does not have to be official). Save or scan it to PDF to upload below.
- Discuss this internship opportunity with your school's health career advisor.
- Submit this application no later than February 11, 2019
If you have any questions, please reach out to Judiann Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.