Physician Executive Leadership Institute: The Foundational Course
Our leadership program provided in collaboration with a local hospital, physician practice, clinic, or other healthcare facility bringing fundamental business, management, and leadership skills to physicians and midlevel providers at their workplace. The Foundational Course was developed with Harvard Business Publishing utilizing case studies and other content in evening sessions.
The Center’s PELI Foundational Course is right for you if you are:
- A physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner
- Engaged in direct patient care and find it difficult to attend professional development courses that require you to be away from your practice
- Leading a team, chairing a committee or need to drive forward an initiative in your practice, hospital, professional association or in your community
- A clinician with ideas about how care can be improved or costs can be saved—but do not feel you have the tools or experience to move your concept forward
- Ready to develop introductory leadership/management skills particularly in areas such as systems thinking, strategic planning, finance and the development of public policy
Physician Executive Leadership Institute: The Advanced Course
Our leadership program provided in collaboration with the Heller School at Brandeis University for experienced physician leaders seeking more advanced leadership skills. It will bring together 30-40 physicians from across Maine meeting in six two-day sessions over a one-year period beginning each May in Brunswick-Freeport.
The Center’s PELI Advanced Course is right for you if you are:
- A physician with five or more years of leadership/management experience
- An experienced physician leader looking for a program for advanced leadership development
- Ready to build upon well established leadership skills and confidence, particularly in areas such as systems thinking, strategic planning, finance and the development of public policy
- Looking for an opportunity to build a larger network of trusted physician colleagues across Maine
- Preparing yourself to take on greater responsibilities within your own practice or organization or lead initiatives that will improve care in your community or throughout Maine
- Looking for new ideas and for faculty and colleagues who are ready to challenge your own thinking and work with you to grow professionally in a positive environment
- Able to attend six two-day sessions over the course of the year in Brunswick and Freeport, including overnights away from your patients and families.
Health Leadership Development (HLD) Program
Our inter-disciplinary course designed for physician and other healthcare leaders who are particularly interested in leading complex initiatives that require unique collaborative leadership skills and buy-in from diverse stakeholders.
The Center’s HLD Program is right for you if you are:
- A healthcare provider, manager, executive, or volunteer with ten or more years of professional experience;
- Currently in a leadership role, broadly defined, including volunteer leadership as a board member, consumer, etc.
- Passionate about “making a difference” improving health and health care right here in Maine
- Looking for a leadership experience that builds a strong network of interdisciplinary colleagues from across Maine.
- Preparing to take on a greater leadership role that will require you to engage diverse stakeholders and work collaboratively across professional, organizational, competitive, geographic or political lines.