Developing Leadership Skills and Concepts
Launched in November 2011, the PELI Foundational Course is aimed at physicians and other health professionals who are taking on roles that require strong leadership and management skills.
This highly acclaimed leadership course has been delivered to dozens of organizations in Maine and beyond. The curriculum has also been very successful being delivered to 2-3 related organizations when the goal is both leadership development and relationship building across the different enterprises.
Through highly experienced on-site faculty and an extensive online resource developed with Harvard Business School Publishing, this course introduces and develops basic leadership and management skills and concepts.
It includes topic-focused modules offered on-site at hospitals, practices, and health centers to 12-20 individuals in two 3-hour sessions monthly for 6 months or bi-monthly over a 12-month period of time.
In addition, individual and/or small group coaching is available to the participants during the day between the two topic-focused modules delivered in the evening.
The physician, advanced practice provider, or healthcare leader attending this program will benefit from the following:
- a 40-hour curriculum course delivered on site at the “home” location of the physicians/providers and incorporating online resources of Harvard Business Publishing
- 40 Category 1 CME credit
- certificate of completion
- long-standing and supportive networks of physicians/providers across the state
- a higher level of personal and professional development
- the opportunity to take the PELI Advanced Program
For physicians interested in taking a PELI course when their organization is not hosting a full cohort, the Hanley Center offers The PELI Advanced Course.